Scientific studies suggest that CBD can be effective for both chronic and acute pain, but to date there is little communication and guidance regarding products for sale on the market today. While industrial hemp has become federally legal in the United States, the FDA has not yet provided formalized regulatory guidance regarding production methods, quality and content. This means it is important to do research to find a good product. In this discussion we explore the pain relief potential of CBD.
Chronic and acute pain
For many people, CBD is an effective pain reliever. Here is a look at a few of the reasons why.
- Research shows that CBD will bond to the receptors found within the human endocannabinoid system. This enhances the body’s natural processes.
- CBD is in no way addictive. Considering how addictive opioids are, this is good news.
- CBD is more attractive to many because of it’s availability as an alternative medicine.
- Epilepsy and Fibromyalgia symptoms show improvement amongst a majority of patients. Many other chronic illnesses are showing improved results with CBD use for pain -like neuropathic disorders.
- Studies show CBD to be lesser effective for pain management, with certain types of diseases like Chron’s disease.
With such promising research pointing to analgesic structure found within this compound, it should be at the forefront of the FDA’s regulatory conception. This is important because without adequate regulation, the industry is prone to manufacturers that market their product as CBD, but do not disclose some of the ingredients actually present within the product. Locating a good quality product is dependent on the consumer. Please research to make sure you are getting a safe and reliable product. Always look for certifications and testing to be including with the products purchased. This is just one more of the promising aspects of CBD and it’s many uses. With a good background check of what you are trying, you will be able to experience one more of the reasons the the hemp plant is so important to keep close by!