The truth is, there is no right or wrong answer here. Let’s take a look at them both. With the legalization of hemp in the United States, hemp oil and CBD (cannabidiol) are hot topics. While both are derived from the same plant, they come from different parts of the plant. CBD oil comes from the entire plant. Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds. Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil: Which is Better?
Both offer many health benefits
Keep in mind that hemp is legal on the federal level. The states were left to decide for themselves how to proceed. However, if you’re ordering hemp or CBD products, you’re not going to have any problems, as long as you verify your local laws. If you want to grow hemp in your garden, do the same and check your local laws.
If you’re wondering about the differences between hemp and marijuana, they’re two different varieties of the same plant, Cannabis Sativa. Hemp is traditionally cultivated for its strong fibers that are used in making rope and countless other thousands of industrial products. Marijuana has traditionally been cultivated for it’s recreational uses. Today, both of these are also cultivated for their medicinal properties.
- Has anti-inflammatory benefits. The anti-inflammatory action of CBD oil is being studied in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s.
- Can be used to reduce pain. It is speculated that it may be due to the anti-inflammatory benefits.
- May help to reduce anxiety. It is believed that CBD oil does this by affecting the sensitivity of serotonin receptors in the brain.
- Demonstrates to be effective in treating acne. Acne is believed to be at least partially caused by inflammation which stimulates the over production of oil in the sebaceous glands.
- It is also known to treat eczema and psoriasis.
- Is high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids and has many of the same properties as fish oil.
- Is a great moisturizer for the skin. Hemp oil can be applied directly to the skin. It is also being used in many commonly available skincare products.
Both Hemp and CBD oil should be treated as any other over the counter item. Be responsible and cease using it if the side effects are too unpleasant. Stay in touch with your doctor if you have any concerns. Consider giving CBD oil and Hemp oil a try. There are many potential benefits with minimal risk. Which one is better depends on you, and what you find works for you. I feel they both add value to my health and life. I hope you have enjoyed this brief tour of hemp and CBD oil!